Sunday, April 16, 2006

Knitting for my Easter niece...



For Easter, I took on the task of knitting matching socks and hat for my 19 month old niece. The socks went well, except for picking up stitches on the sides of the heels...yikes! I must work on that technique....
The hat was totally easy...and then I thought of bunny ears for it. I probably went through 10 ear shapes trying to get it right... and I still didn't! An hour before I was to meet up with my sister and niece, I quickly knitted up some simple little pink nubs to add to the hat (had to have some pink on there or it wouldn't match the socks...).
Unfortunately, when my sister saw the hat, she said, "Devil horns!" So, I guess I didn't get the shape right...



I think it looks great on her though....she is just so darned cute...




She makes me think that having kids could be a wonderful thing... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lili-Bo-Nilly said...

What a wonderful thing to say!
The Burl loves her hat and socks and has been running around the house all day with them on.

bugheart said...

i think they look
like bunny ears.
bravo.
now what's this about kids?!