Thursday, July 13, 2006

Wednes...oop! Thursday art update!

Okay, no pictures today.
I've been working my ass off on the Leaf Miner project. I am happy to report that I am done with all of the pieces for that exhibit! Of course, I still have to frame them, write my artist's statement, write up my research presentation and write short statements for each piece......
but I can do that next week.
For now, I'm happy that I've fulfilled my promise of 6-8 works for the show. (Actually, I have 12! Several of which will wait in the wings until they are absolutely needed to fill gaps.) The show organizer is thrilled with me, as I've kept her updated along the way and gotten in all of my paperwork on time. Being a show organizer myself at times, it is a true relief when an artist really comes through as an organized professional. Is the personality of the flakey artist a myth? Ooooohhhh no.....all too sadly, flakey artists abound. I promised myself and my art that I will NOT be one.

Next project I've already begun: 12-15 paintings for my solo show in Anchorage. I've been juggling several ideas for that show and done dozens of sketches. I've got some very good ideas which I'll be able to start putting to canvas/paper this weekend. I have 7 weeks as of tomorrow to finish all of the work for these two shows. It's a shitload of work....it's also a lot of money. Money going out...not coming in, that is. (It's the framing costs that are kicking me in the ass. ) For the Anchorage show, I'll have to drive my show down there, too.....yikes! Right after the first snows, too! 400 miles of crappy mountain roads. It doesn't bear thinking about.
These are my rat-maze like thoughts when I consider the grand prospect of my own art shows.

In other news:
The garden is growing beautifully---leeks! Spinach!
The Fallgold Ash tree I thought was dead just put out a crop of leaves (yay!)
I made fabulous moose meat chili and cornbread for dinner


And why no pictures, you ask?
All I can do is give you some sage words of advice:
Never, never, ever put your digital camera on the hood of your car,
forget about it, and drive off.
Don't ever do that.

3 comments:

bugheart said...

that's awful!!!!!
did you break it?
or lose it?!!
oh how dreadful!
i dropped mine
a few times
and though it's
dinged good
it still works.
:(

Eero said...

As soon as the camera fell, I saw it and realized what had happened. I slammed on the brakes, and started running down the road (in clogs, no less) because a HUGE dump truck was approaching in the oncoming lane. So, I had to run in front of this monstrous truck to pick up my camera before it ran over it! Talk about pulse-pounding. The housing had separated, it still came on, but no functions or buttons would work. It's at Canon repair in IL right now.....I miss it everyday.
Sigh.

bugheart said...

is it under warranty?
will it cost you much?
:(
don't worry about
money for
the fabric...
i am mailing you
another package
plus a check...