Thursday, August 31, 2006

Finished!


My birch bark hats are DONE! I've sent off images for preliminary judging in the Earth, Fire and Fibre exhibit at the Anchorage Museum. Now...I just have to wait.


I think they've turned out well. They are pretty comfy to wear, also, and surprisingly light weight. I'll not risk either of these to actually test their weather proofing.....I may make an every-day design that I wouldn't be worried about damaging.
Ooohhh...I do have several more design ideas in mind.
Yes, these are tedious to make. Yes, they make my hand arthritis scream in protest. Yes, they take FOREVER. And no, I don't know if the will get in the show, I don't know if they'll sell, I don't know if anyone will like them......
But hey,
It's the nature of art.
Hoping and not knowing, but keep making. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lili-Bo-Nilly said...

Your hats are truly lovely!

bugheart said...

wow e!
amazing!