Friday, September 29, 2006

Inspiration on a cold, wet, rainy day...

I'm in my pajamas looking at fabulous art on the web. It's barely +40F here, grey, cold and rainy, so an excellent morning to spend in this fashion. I found Petra Borner, a Swedish designer and artist living in London. One of her drawings, above. She has a beautiful way of illustrating botanical forms.




Talk about fun! This is Mark Newport, knitter of superhero costumes---life size! I LOVE this guy! He also embroiders the covers of comics and makes quilts woven of comic strips. He's just so.....fresh. Check out his work at his September show at Greg Kucera Gallery in Seattle, WA.

I must go---it's a good day to put the finishing touches on my lecture, clean house, maybe bake something yummy for Frommage.....

2 comments:

Apron Thrift Girl said...

I guess this show is probably gone now but how fun that would be to attend. I'm a big x-mean fan and now a Heroes fan. Have you seen this new show? It's really good.

bugheart said...

mark newport
is one of
my heroes.
i love that man
and his work!