Sunday, November 26, 2006

Going out, staying in...


We got an impromtu invite from friends to meet at a local bar, the Golden Eagle. Many friends, many margaritas...



It was great to see everyone. This is a crowd I used to spend a lot more time with, but...well, people drift apart. The theme of the evening seemed to be people having relationship troubles and breaking up.



The new painting is revving up---I've used up all of the gold leaf I've been hoarding in my art supply stock for....um...eleven years? Yes, I think that's right. I'm now awaiting the first funds from my grant to jump on some major purchses for the next series of paintings. Gold leaf! Gesso, too.....totally out. These large paintings are going to use up some serious lbs. of materials. I'm looking at this painting in my studio, and I get ideas for 100 more paintings similar to it---a whole raft of paintings for this series. There is another series bubbling up in my mind, however. Something that's been taking root very quietly and subtly for several years and now.....I think it's time has come. It's taking up enough room in my mind that I have to let it loose. (But how to start? Yikes! That's always the crux....)



Old cat on the yellow quilt. He's doing better since I lowered his dosage of kitty glucosamine. For some reason, he had a pretty strong reaction to it and instead of feeling better/younger/less creaky....it had the opposite effect. Very Strange, his vet said. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

ms. pea said...

oh, the gold leaf is wonderful. i can't wait to see what is rattling around inside your mind come out onto canvas! your kitty looks sweet. there are few things less pleasing to see than a snoozing cat on a quilt. we have been having dietary issues with our kitty but she is finally healthy again after going on a grain-free diet - all meat for our gal. she seems years younger.