Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving...


Here is my newest quilt under construction. I was originally planning to give it to my friend's new baby....but I can't. They are arty folk, and I'd have to explain my utter lack of color sense in these fabrics. It's a damned cheery blanket though, so I'll be finishing it to give to my niece for Christmas. (A quilt only a two year old could love.) I've made quite a few quilts---but none following patterns. Of the three I've made with squares or repeating shapes, I've never gotten the seams to line up perfectly---don't have any of the "proper" cutting tools....do it all by hand...so of course my squares aren't even.


Thanksgiving afternoon---sisters, neice, mom and I went to visit my 95 year old grandmother. This is she, sister L and neice Darcy.



Dinner was at Mom's house---


...and my sister made the most of it. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lili said...

tee hee hee!

Lili said...

tee hee hee!