Wednesday, January 17, 2007


I'm finally getting this painting off the ground. Title will be "Full Harvest."
I'm layering in the red as an underpainting on the tissue surface. When I overpaint with white acrylic, the red will still show through in the deeper wrinkles, adding a good effect. With this type of painting, I have to add a lot, then take a lot more "out," visually.

I finally overcame the obstacle of not having the damned new easel to work on. Previously, I was kneeling on the floor to work on this painting and KILLING my little knees. The prayerful attitude was kind of entertaining in a theatre kind of way, but not practical in any sense. I've set the canvas up on a box just at knee-height. The best solution to use right now....I check the post office everyday for my longed-for, beautiful, large, new easel...but alas.....

I'm having an excellent day working on projects and being by myself in the house. I seem to be able to achieve maximum productivity when I'm sure I can be alone for hours at a stretch. My awkwardness around people just keeps increasing....Sure, I'm an introvert, but it seems to be developing beyond that. Perhaps it's yet another symptom of winter-mind: frozen in place, dormancy, hibernation, quiet.

Or, hey...maybe I'm just losing all of my social skills.



The painting an hour later. I often do this; take multiple images during work so that I can constantly see what new additions have done to the overall composition. I'll be reworking the strong black lines so that they become thinner and more graceful.



Beginning to work in a white acrylic overpainting. Making the 'golden eyes' was, of course, totally engrossing and fun. I have a wee fantasy of a big painting of nothing but that----golden leaf-eye shapes floating.....



Sunrise, yesterday. The view from our balcony. A little more light everyday....gives me hope. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

miss anderson....

YOU SAID R. BRIDGES WEB-LINK WAS AT YER SITE...YOU LIAR.....WHAT IS IT? I AM CURIOUS....
JOHNNY BUTTCAKES

Eero said...

Hola Buttcakes,
It's www.robbridges.com.
-Pork Rind Dream Queen

bugheart said...

i love seeing
your work
in progress...
i always wonder
how you
layer things...

Anonymous said...

hey
that R. Bridges cat, other than being a complete flake is one sweet, sweet arteest who should be painting more than drawing birds and diseased rabbits..but his illos are way sweet I must say.
I hear that he is like way good lookin too, and he has superpowers, and that he likes cheese....
where did you find out about him?
I think I want to start collecting his work.
The Earl of Sandwhich