Saturday, March 10, 2007

I have clever, crafty friends.....


Here's a thank-you post to two good, crafty girlfriends!
Here I am modeling the Bear Gloves from Bugheart.
So damned clever! I love these gloves---especially
the teeth!

(Hey Minkett---notice my new, funny
rear-view mirror decoration?)




Interior of their mouths.....




Their clever little faces...

The story behind bear-related anything with
Bugheart and I: she visited me in AK two summers
ago and while hiking the Little Coal Creek Trail in
Denali State Park to find a letterbox, we came
across the BIGGEST black bear I've ever seen
in my life.

Huge.

A boar.

He wasn't very scared of us, either.....
We made a lot of noise and left, letterbox unfound
and unstamped (sad).




Another pair of perfectly knitted gloves came to
me in the mail the same week! These are
the best fingerless gloves I've ever seen or worn,
made by my friend Jan.
Dunno what kind of yarn she used...something with silk?
They are incredibly soft....


These gifts are particularly wonderful for an Alaskan....
Up here in the North, it's especially meaningful to give
a gift that will keep someone warm. No joke! To
give someone something that will keep 'em nice
and toasty during the winter shows a special affection.

I feel special....two friends sent me gloves....
awww......

6 comments:

Snakebite said...

When you stop at stop lights, do you scrunch way down and then put on a puppet show for the dude stopped next to you?

Eero said...

Ooohhh...

This is a good idea....

Carson said...

those bear gloves...
are hilarious
particularly the mad eyes
isn't she funny?
you're so lucky!

ms. pea said...

BEAR GLOVES!!!!!!!!!!!! Many cartoon hearts are cascading from my head right now (you can see this, right?)

bugheart said...

*blush*
awww...
i knew you'd
appreciate
a pair
of bear
mitts.

Lillian said...

Wowwie wow! Fab gloves & I'm glad the Jelly found a home :>

I've got to catch up with you now, it's been too long. Took a trip to the sculpture garden today, the weather was magnificent!