Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Birch Bark Hats are out in the world....


Both hats sold to Anchorage-based basket artist
Fran Reed this week. My first thought at the news
of their sale was a pang of loss---these pieces are
unusually precious and important to me. Knowing
that they're being bought by a fellow craftsperson
makes me feel much better about it.

And the best part....

The money from the sale will buy my plane
ticket to Penland to enjoy my scholarship!

Back to the studio to wrestle the current
paintings....

5 comments:

bike&beer said...

woohooooo!!!!!
:-)

Lili of the Valley said...

I was thinking that the fact that Fran Reed bought them is AWESOME! Her work is fabulous!

Philip said...

Congratulations!

johnny said...

Go get 'em....You are going to have a great time here....And it will be so beautiful when you get here....Spring is started to emerge and there are orchid like flowers poking thru the dead leaves that make me think of you and yer orchid obsession....

Lillian said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for your upcoming trip!!