Saturday, April 21, 2007

Hard at work...


Hours in the studio everyday...

Two weeks until the opening!

The blue painting is done, so the red painting has
taken it's place to kick my ass. Something about
it just won't come together!

I'm making two smaller pieces for the show, as
well, in addition to the four 48"x48" square paintings.
The two smaller ones feel more like....fillers.
I'll see how I feel about them when they're done.




On a more relaxing note,
the first Brugmansia blossom of the year.

4 comments:

bike&beer said...

oh such a beautiful blossom... speaks of hope. i must post again... i have been so depressed over VT. the whole killing thing stuns and scares me. good to have friends in person and on the blogosphere!

johnny said...

Wish I felt as prolific right now....First I blame it on having to working all the time, then on working on art too much....But am reminding myself that the learning is happening....I cannot wait to show you my big sculpture piece that I am hoping to finish before I leave Saturday after next....Good luck on the show...

Lillian said...

I'll second both good luck on the upcoming show & being depressed about the shooting. Good to see you working - I'm still dumping things from the studio, but each day is getting me closer to consistent work.

Best to you, Eero!

Eero said...

Wow...thanks guys. Feels so good to have support from fellow artists and friends.

I'm scared by the shooting, too... That something so horrific and senseless could happen to so many people just going about their daily lives...