Monday, May 21, 2007

Seven little known facts about me....


Finally! I am tagged! I've seen the "Seven Facts" meme travelling around the blogosphere for ages and I finally saw it at Needle's Edge---and begged her to tag me. What fun----you know how I love lists.....so here goes!


"Each person tagged gives seven random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write on their blogs seven facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog".

Seven Facts About Eero...
1. I dreamed about shoes and shoe shopping for about 15 years. Not every night mind you, but just about. Usually, I was in some huge thrift store searching for the perfect pair of shoes or boots---I knew them when I saw them, of course---and the dreams took on several different patterns. In one scenario, I'd find the perfect shoe and spend the rest of the interminable dream searching for it's mate. In another scenario, I'd find the perfect shoes but they didn't fit. In yet another variation, I would find the shoes, but on my way to pay for them, winding my way through the labyrinth of the store, the shoes would turn into hideous orange bowling shoes or something....
The shoe dreams tapered off when I was around 30 or so.

2. I legally changed my middle name to the name I would have been given if I had been born male.

3. I am not afraid of bees in the slightest. I attribute this to one terrible night when I was 15. I went out to my mom's storage shed to get a small suitcase for a trip we were taking. I saw a small canvas case on top of a pile of boxes, laying on it's side. I unzipped it and pulled it open. Unbeknownst to me, the suitcase had been laying there all summer and black and white hornets had built a mammoth nest inside, filling the interior. When I opened the case, I tore the nest in half. The angry bees swarmed out so fast and hard that I actually felt the impact of their combined fury hit my chest. They began stinging me at once---as I was wearing a loose shirt and skirt, they quickly found their way into my clothing. I ran into the house screaming my head off, already hysterical. My mom had to tackle me in the kitchen to keep me from crashing my way through the whole house. A dozen hornets followed me inside, now chasing my mother and sister around. Later, after the bees in the house were killed and I could speak coherently, my mom helped dress the stings and counted as she did----coming up with a final tally around 45. Since then, individual bees don't bother me at all. One sting? No big deal.

4. I have a shoe superstition. If a person takes off their shoes and puts them together but opposite than how they would be worn, it is VERY BAD JUJU. Left shoe goes to the left, right shoe on the right whether you are wearing them or not. If you switch them, the wearer or owner of the shoes will suffer something terrible somehow, in some way. I don't exactly know what, but I feel it every time I see shoes set down the wrong way. If I see Fromage's shoes set down wrong, I fix them immediately. I have been known to spend some time "fixing" the shoes at parties when no one is looking. I think it comes from reading a story when I was a little girl about a practice of dressing the dead. You put coins on their eyes so that they have money to pay the ferryman over the river Styx. You also switch the shoes on their feet so that if they come back to haunt as a malicious spirit, they won't find their way home. Putting your shoes down the wrong way is like calling the bad dead. Can't explain it any better than that.

5. I have a very special relationship with orange cats. I've had three orange, male cats in my life that have affected me profoundly and I've loved them each wonderfully. I think there will be many more to come in my future and I welcome them.

6. All of the very best friends I have ever had in my life are left-handed Sagittarians. Fromage, included.

7. I was once "caught in the act." My best friend Rebecca caught me having sex with my boyfriend on her couch. Seeing as it was a one room cabin and she had just walked in the front door....it wasn't that hard to miss us. She said something like "Yikes!" and left. I was horrifically embarassed....but what can you do? We got dressed and I introduced them more, uh, formally.

And Now....
I tag: Bugheart, Minkett, Johnny, fpea, Dirt Diva, Up in AK, and Bike & Beer!

2 comments:

Carson said...

Happy to oblige Eero! :)
45 bee stings?! Wow, that's amazing.
And you have a real shoe thing don't you?;)

Jill said...

Fun post. I second the bee sting amazement ouch.

Guess I get to do this now. Thanks alot :-)