Thursday, September 13, 2007

I'm designing the posters and postcards for the exhibit I'm curating, "The Bones Show," opening in just a few short weeks! The gallery emailed to let me know that a couple of artworks have already arrived for the exhibit---yay! As faithful readers may know, I've gotten almost 40 artists to participate in this venture and I've 'hired' a juror and am giving away various awards in the form of Alaskan meat and fish. (The artists LOVED this idea.) Above is the postcard rough.



This is a draft for the poster that doesn't quite 'work,' I think....


Another draft for the poster that I like quite a bit. Perhaps I'll print up a couple of versions to put up around town...


The poster to match the postcard. I was trying to stay away from images that were too dark and forboding, thinking that they may dissuade potential gallery visitors from checking out the show....and here I go with a full black background! Still, this one has the most drama....

3 comments:

spongeymonkey said...

Is it possible to get copies of either a poster or postcard for the show? You know I still like bones and skulls.

-chris

Eero said...

Yes, of course!
Send me your mailing address and I'll put some in the mail for you. Email me your address at

thebonesshow2007(at)yahoo(dot)com

E.

Lili said...

Chris! You're so funny! Every time I see bones I think of you :)