Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Life is Good...

Finished my smaller painting for The Bones Show! I haven't given this one a title yet... I am transitioning into a much more symbolist, illustration-like style....and liking it.



Got to hang out and have beers with my friend Thom. He is the kind of person that is always a good listener, always encouraging. Did I mention he is a brilliant violinist and single?


Bonfire with the girls as a farewell to friend Nelle who is moving away. Good to hang out with everyone, together...


Last but not least...

A phone call this afternoon from the Alaska State Council on the Arts notifying me that I'd been awarded a Connie Boochever Artist Fellowship!

Yay!

After filling in several frowning faces on my art applications list, I finally got to fill in this happy one....ahhhhhh.

9 comments:

Riverlark said...

Oh, well done, Eero!!! Keep that sunny face in front of you all winter long. Congratulations!

Carson said...

I'm so glad to hear things are picking up for you Eero, congratulations on the fellowship! you deserve it

bugheart said...

beautiful
new painting...
and
wow
congratulations
on the
fellowship-
that's
awesome!

cochabamba said...

nice new painting.
my favorite so far.
i have always been a big fan
of the symbolists,
and i like your return
to this territory.

bike&beer said...

pretty pretty pretty, i love it. so glad you share your work with us here! and great news about the fellowship, wow. must be very exciting! just catching up on your latest posts today...

BookGirl said...

Congratulations on the fellowship, E! You must be thrilled.

Love your painting too.

Jill said...

I'm also a big fan of the new painting. Congratulations on all of the good things coming your way.

Eero said...

Awww...thanks everybody!
The Fellowship award is just what I needed to put a little more fuel in my engine.

I'm glad you like the painting---it's always risky to change styles, images, ways of working...it's good to have such positive feedback.

E.

Lillian said...

Wow, what good news & so well deserved!!! Congrats Eero!

Love the new work too. Well done!