Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Going to the Gallery

All the paintings are done, framed, ready to hang. Before any show, it's a good idea to get 'everyone' together to see how they look in proximity. In doing this yesterday just before loading them in the truck, I saw that the show lacked a little cohesion. It's obvious to me that my newest paintings are trying very hard to launch themselves off in a very different direction.
Also....kind of monochromatic. I need to get more colorful.



Second view of the group....




Jean Lester, Teresa Shannon and Tatiana Piatanova, artist and the Visual Arts Coordinator for the Fairbanks Arts Association. We all met at the gallery yesterday to decide wall spacing, placement, etc. Jean has about 25 paintings! Her nature and flower paintings are colorful and expressive with wild and free brushstrokes. In comparison, my images are very controlled and exacting. Interesting contrast.

Today, just a few details to be taken care of....

3 comments:

cochabamba said...

to paraphrase our former secretary of defense...
you hang your show with the paintings you have, not the paintings you want.

Carson said...

I second cochabamba.
And do you really feel your paintings need more colour? I really like your monochromatic work Eero,but then that's just my response.

patcaribou said...

great show. georgia o'keefe and tim burton always seem to pop into my head when i look at your paintings...wierd random associations, i guess.