Friday, December 07, 2007

Can you believe it?

Here's a new experience in the life of Eero....

I left work at 3:30pm today...tired, hungry, glad the week was over.
Did some errands, driving carefully since the roads are icy with new snow...

Went home, damned hungry, made a giant burrito dinner, ate the whole thing and drank a nice, cold beer, read the new Art in America (so-so) and American Craft (fantastic)....

What didn't I do?

I completely FORGOT to go to my own damn art opening! I remembered when I looked at my blog at 8pm....which is, coincidentally, the time that the openings are over....and saw the images of the paintings in the group exhibit.

Damn!
Double damn!

I'll just have to go by the gallery tomorrow and see if anything sold....

5 comments:

Angela said...

Ekkkkkkkk! Ohhh that would be a tragedy! Missing an opening. :((
I hope that things sold though! I'm sure that it would have been wonderful but there will be others. :) *HUGS*
Angela

Karen Travels said...

That is SOOOOOOO something I would do. Did everything work out? Thanks for the tag, mission accomplished!

redredday said...

oh that's so funnny! :). (sorry about missing your opening though). but i bet that big burrito beer dinner was worth it, no? ;). it made me hungry when i read it.

but yeah, i hope you didn't miss out too much and got your paintings sold.

bike&beer said...

oh boy... i have on occasion forgotten something important also. like... a TOEFL exam, and a 12-hour bus trip to visit my sister. and i paid good money for registration for the exam and for the bus ticket. i hope your works sold! maybe you not being there will create a new (good) buzz about the artist ;-)

Deirdre Helfferich said...

This is hilarious! And yep, I've been there. Not exactly THERE, as in, I haven't missed my own show's opening, but I've missed other things I planned for and participated in for weeks....a sign of doing too much, in my case.