Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year, New Art

Happy New Year!

Some fun images from my newest painting----This one crossed the border from 2007 to 2008...

"The Shape of Things to Come"

Acrylic on wood

48"x48"



I've got some ideas about what these corruscating herds of The Shape mean. I think of them as 'fruiting bodies,' although what that may mean in a larger, symbolic sense, I don't know.

The lines are very important, although I have a feeling they are just making a transitory appearance in my work. (But who can really be sure? I thought The Shape was a plaything for a summer----the joke was on me...) Tell me what you think of them before I reveal my ideas!


And here is a little fun with Photoshop, making a cool blue painting into a hot sunset of an images. So fun....

New Years Day: Framed this painting, cleaned house (badly needed) watered the orchid farm, and went skiing for 1.5 hours in actual daylight. Real sunlight! It was amazing....

Good Luck in 2008!

1 comment:

Hyena In Petticoats said...

Happy New Year, Eero!

The new paintings look fantastic!

I haven't forgotten that you tagged me recently - I'll get onto that as soon as I can!

Thanks for dropping by,

Leah xxx