Tuesday, July 15, 2008

New Paintings

I've been in the studio working on the next group of paintings to go to a solo show in Homer, AK opening August 1st at the Bunnell Street Art Center. Above, "Search" 18"x24" acrylic and gold leaf on wood. $450.00

These paintings are a continuation of the work I was doing this spring: much imagery of plants and auspicious objects. I love working with acrylic ink and I do all of the drawing with a Joseph Gillot's 1122 'Super Falcon' steel calligraphy nib. After 10 or so paintings, the steel wears down so that I can't get a really fine line out of it.



Not sure what to title this one, yet. Size is 18"x24", acrylic and acrylic ink on wood.

Do you have an idea for a good title?

Click on the 'comments' button below and give me some suggestions.

Other than painting:

My garden is looking beautiful, the sun is shining, and I found out this week that although my Dad does have some health problems, he doesn't have lung cancer after all. Big relief.

11 comments:

Karen Travels said...

Bundles?

Glad to hear about your dad!

Here in NC I am packing and storing away and getting ready for my big move!

Kesler Woodward said...

"Fasces"

Lili of the Valley said...

"Collection"
or
"Presents for Darcy"
-you know she'd love even a bundle of sticks from you! :)

Martha Marshall said...

Strength in Numbers?

The new work is beautiful. Hope all is well with you.

Eero said...

Hey....Strength in Numbers. I like that.....


My serious consideration for the title is, "Keeping it Together" which accurately describes my summer.

E.

johnny said...

whew!! Glad to hear about the OL' dad....Congrats onyet another show!! You put us all to shame....

bike&beer said...

loose ties. i looked at it and immediately thought the bundles would fall apart!
hope you are doing better, eero. glad your dad is ok. i am going back home to see mine in september, he's been losing a lot of weight without apparent reason :-( then again, he's 86. who knows. xo

Ishmael said...

What did you end up titling it?

Eero said...

I titled it, "All Together." A little more positive than 'Keeping it Together' which was my original title for it.

MOON said...

牙醫,植牙,矯正,矯正牙齒,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,痘痘,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,網路行銷,自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,高雄婚紗,街舞

MOON said...

小產,雞精,性感,辣妹,雷射溶脂,雙下巴,抽脂,瘦小腹,微晶瓷,電波拉皮,淨膚雷射,清潔公司,居家清潔,牙周病,牙齒矯正,植牙,牙周病,矯正,植牙