Sunday, November 02, 2008

Update, in general....

1. I got a new job. I'm the Branch Manager for the new Alaska Geographic bookstore. OK pay, not so OK benefits....we'll see how it goes. It's a job, you know?

First things first; we have to build the store.



2. I made Ratzones again! Can anyone out there think of a more palatable name than that? It's a rodent, it's a calzone, it's........


A close-up of the cutest one. He's wearing a little hat. I ate him.


3. Three paintings in the annual juried 64th Parallel show. Someone said I'd gotten an Honorable Mention, but there were no tags indicating that...
Many good comments on "Tempest" (red painting on the left). At my solo show back in May, this painting garnered only curiosity as to my motivation for painting it----not all that positive. Goes to show you that if a work doesn't 'do well' in one scenario, take it somewhere else.


4. Lastly, a new bud on my Paphiopedilum. She's months ahead of schedule, but hey, I'm not in charge! This just tells me that she's happy and she loves me.
I've tucked all of the orchids in their plastic-wrapped shelf unit for the winter. This way, I can give them tropical temps and humidity while the rest of the house is dry and chill.
With the orchids this year is my Echium pininana; needing the light and moisture to be happy, as well. This guy has a lot of names: Tree Echium, Tower of Jewels, Pride of Tenerife, and Giant Viper's Bugloss. It's about 10" high now, but maybe in three years, it'll be at it's full, glorious and blooming height of 12-14 feet. Fun!















6 comments:

joe shlichta said...

The ratzones are brilliant. I will have to pirate that one. You are showing a tremendous amount up there. I have not been able to get anything done, but i plead jonah as an excuse. Lets all keep our fingers crossed this tuesday, or else we will have to see your governor in the news a lot more.

Sheree Rensel said...

Those ratzones look so delicious. I want one!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Lili of the Valley said...

Lovely ratzones! My coworkers thought them a little odd (which I thought was as little odd). I felt bad when I ate the head off of mine but it was, Ah! So delish!
Building a store should be fun!

Leslie said...

i love your ratzones!!! I especially love, "he had a little hat. I ate him". how deliciously gorey-esque.

btw- so hawaii in january is a possibility! too soon to tell really. but I could seriously use some sand and surf and crazy fairbanksans to play with!

May said...

小產,雞精,性感,辣妹,雷射溶脂,雙下巴,抽脂,瘦小腹,微晶瓷,電波拉皮,淨膚雷射,清潔公司,居家清潔,牙周病,牙齒矯正,植牙,牙周病,矯正,植牙

May said...

牙醫,植牙,矯正,矯正牙齒,皮膚科,痘痘,中醫,飛梭雷射,毛孔粗大,醫學美容,痘痘,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,網路行銷,自然排序,關鍵字行銷seo,部落格行銷,網路行銷,seo,關鍵字行銷,自然排序,部落格行銷,網路行銷,牛舌餅婚紗台中婚紗,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,腳臭,高雄婚紗,街舞