Sunday, June 21, 2009

When I'm not riding my Ninja...

A good bicycle ride yesterday with Fromage and friend Chris visiting from Alabama. 58.1 miles out to Chena Hot Springs...





This was the maiden voyage of my new camera---a Canon Powershot A2000IS. I'm so, so sad that my old Powershot A95 finally died, after 5 years of good times and good pictures! And damn! I miss that fold-out, swiveling viewscreen....



The new camera has a 6X zoom, however, so now I can catch images like the one of this owl, hanging out on a branch over a stream about 200 ft off the road. We also saw three moose---close enough to the road that I didn't pause to take pictures...


Fromage finally got a camera, so there will at last be a few pictures of me on our adventures!





Another accomplishment: my first knitted sweater. I made this ensemble for my friend Dena's new baby Ethan. The yarn is Lionbrand Cotton Ease. That stuff rocks my knitting world.



And here's the big chubby dude in his new hat. Can he get any cuter??




3 comments:

leanne pizio said...

Oh the sweater is so cute and I love the hat with ears. wonderful for a first sweater!

Leslie said...

hey E,
happy (belated) solstice! Looks like the typical splendid Fairbanks summer weather...wish I could make it up there this year for a visit! Hope your garden survived the sassy-ass moose this winter.

ginny said...

Your knitted baby things came out sooooo sooooo good! I love seeing them on the people you've knit them for. It makes me feel truly accomplished!
~Ginny Tschanz