Thursday, October 29, 2009

Four Days Into It

Settling into the second residency in Vermont. This is a view of my studio building---yes, a former church!


My view.




A spot to rest from the rigors of the studio...



My only art supplies when I arrived...had to ship everything else..



A close up of the first painting/drawing I did here... #1. Oil pastels.
My project is to do one drawing or painting a day. So far, so good.




Close up of #3. Chalk pastels.



Close up of #4, more chalk pastels. By far, my favorite of what I've done thus far.
(There isn't a close up of #2 because it's butt ugly. Happens, you know?)
It's been a long day. Tired!
Thankfully, there is a dinner Halloween costume party this weekend and possibly some dancing afterwards! I brought my costume from home: the serious grad student prepared for art school.




3 comments:

Leanne Pizio said...

Wow! Can't wait to see all that you make while you are away. What a lovely place to make art....a church. Must be very peaceful.

Anonymous said...

digg the drawing of the person with "braids" nice....Hope you is tearin Vermont a new one....

UNKLE JOHNNY

Anonymous said...

Where are the Halloween pix? Wondering if anyone else had cool costumes! -L of V