Friday, November 13, 2009

VSC, continued...

I went for a long walk the other morning. I'm experiencing some serious burn-out in the studio! This is compounded by a feeling that I've shot my load, so to speak: I've done what I needed to do here, I've done the best work I'm going to do here, and it's all over but the shouting. (Where does that saying come from? Some book or other??)

Anyway---long walk. This is the old electric station at the Gihon River. The treat was to see that chalk? drawing on the concrete retaining wall. Someone had to be adventurous to get down there with art supplies.




I got to do just a wee bit of letterboxing last week! Always so much fun. This one was a series where the boxes were pretty close to each other. 7 in the series and only one we couldn't find among them. I did find my very first, real, live acorn, however! Thrills abound! No, really---I'm a lifelong Alaskan---I've only ever seen pictures of acorns. Seriously!




Here's the base sketch for a drawing/painting (oil bar, again) I titled, "The Pact." 41"x29." I keep doing these twinned women....



This is the almost finished piece. I resolved their hands to be holding each other tightly. The face of the woman on the left wouldn't work and wouldn't work until I finally gave her a small, secretive smile and then voila, she was there. The women on the right side of these pictures always seem to have a lot of attitude....

A week left. Let's see if I can make just a few more pieces....


1 comment:

Chrissy Johnson said...

I love, love, love the expression on the lady on the left's face.