Thursday, January 14, 2010

California Week

I went to California for a week to visit my good friend and cycling partner Shannon in her new life down there. She introduced me to Cruiser riding!


And my first lemon picking...



I saw some critters...



and some other critters.



We went to a few beaches and saw some impromptu art.



I saw my first blimp!



I did some much-desired letter boxing.



---and taught Shannon (and Luna) about the sport, as well.



I also did some much needed bra shopping...



as well as orchid shopping!



I took home this guy, although a plant not in bloom. Phragmipedium caudatum. I've always wanted a phrag...


And now?


Back to the ice, snow and the daily grind.

-20 here today but the sun is up and giving it a good go to warm the world.

2 comments:

johnny said...

WHERE WERE YOU IN cali?

Eero said...

Santa Cruz...